Oh! I've been watching development on this on Twitter. Looking forward to seeing where it goes!
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
In short: WizardChess is Deckbuilding Chess. The roguelike gamplay includes procedurally generated maps, randomized encounters, individual unit modifiers and permadeath. It is designed to challenge the player strategically through short runs (20-30 minutes) with gameplay that is simply to pick up, but near impossible to master!
Please consider supporting us on Patreon to get access to the game for as little as $9 USD.
- Deeply Strategic: Position specialized units in turn-based combat, and use unique skills to take enemy pieces.
- Build your Army: Recruit, upgrade, sacrifice, trade and gamble your units away to create the ultimate build.
- Carve a Path Navigate an array of room-types in whatever order you choose to explore, fight, and further enhance your build.
- Battle the Fae: Each run ends with a unique boss battle. Overcome stacked odds with whatever units and mental energy you have left to spare.
- Distinct Biomes: Chosen at the start of a run, each biome features unique rooms, enemies, hazards, bosses, and other modifiers!
- Massively Replayable: Every run is procedurally generated, down to the encounters, enemies, units, statistics and even the AI.
Introducing "The Bard":
This is you! An egomaniacal adventurer determined to leave their mark on history. Somehow(TM) The Bardhas been invited to the annual WizardChess tournament, a contrived battle of magic and tactics hosted by the Fae, for the Fae.
The Fae have watched over this world since time eternal, gently steering destiny along its tracks. To be honest though, there's not that much to do. Nothing of any Fae-level importance has happened in hundreds of years... Until now.
Step into the shoes ofThe Bard, master WizardChess and scribble your name into every history book. Your prize for competing in their tournament? A boon from the FaeQueen herself. The Song of The Fae is yet to be written.
- Deeply Strategic: it's chess meets turn-based tactics, one move can (and will) change the entire game.
- Build your Army: recruit, sacrifice, trade and gamble your units away to create the ultimate build.
- Battle the Fae: use the power of board games to defeat the Fae in unique boss battles.
- Massively Replayable: every run in SoTF is procedurally generated, down to the encounters, enemies, units, statistics and even the AI.
The game is still in development and we plan to continue adding content for some time. The quality ands cope of this build are not representative of final game. Regardless, we've got plenty to show you.
We're currently in Early Access on Steam and itch. You can also access the through Patreon, backing us at our $9 USD tier gives you access to the game and potentially even the source code at the highest tier.
If you want the game for $9USD, back us on Patreon and claim the itch/Steam key and you'll have it forever even if you cancel.
We’re still in heavy development and encourage only the bravest players to try the game in Early Access. If you’d prefer to avoid bugs, design changes and balance issues, Follow + Wishlist and wait for the beta or full 1.0 release. The quality and scope of any EA builds are not representative of final game. Regardless, we've got plenty to show you
TwoPM consists of Ben Follington (@vivavolt) and Ricky James (@iamonshushu), both based in Queensland, Australia. We've been best friends for about 15 years and have been making games for almost as long. We both have jobs and can only work on games during nights and weekends so we like to build projects both patiently and strategically. Financial support of WizardChess or any of our other work will allow us to dedicate more time to game development and deliver content faster.
The game can be played entirely using the mouse and left click. The tutorial will guide you through basic actions in game.
How to play guides + nerdy details are available in the game manual.
|Updated||14 hours ago|
|Made with||Unity, Aseprite, Blender|
|Tags||Deck Building, Dungeon Crawler, Roguelite, Strategy RPG, Tactical RPG, tactics, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat, Turn-based Strategy|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Community, Twitter, Steam|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- WizardChess v0.5.514 hours ago
- Build 134 is live!78 days ago
- Build 133 is live!Jul 17, 2022
- Build 132 is live!Jun 18, 2022
- Build 131 is live!May 15, 2022
- Build 130 is live!Apr 05, 2022
- Build 129 is live!Mar 12, 2022
- Build 128 is live!Feb 07, 2022